top of page

The Eviction Resolution Pilot Program Ended July 1, 2023

  • NMC is no longer working ERPP cases. ​​

  • Landlords are no longer required to pass through mediation or obtain a DRC certificate before filing for eviction for nonpayment of rent. 

  • NMC will continue to offer free landlord-tenant mediations after ERPP. These are non-ERPP mediations and are voluntary for both landlords and tenants. Participants will not get a DRC certificate (and the DRC certificate will not be necessary to file an unlawful detainer), but participants will get a letter confirming their participation. 

  • NMC continues to accept Pay or Vacate notices required by RCW 59.18.057, until July 23, 2023, pursuant to ESSB 5197, Sec. 3.




No DRC certificates are being issued. You no longer need to obtain a DRC certificate to proceed to court for eviction.



Starting July 1, your landlord may file for eviction after serving the 14-day Pay or Vacate Notice. If your landlord decides to file for eviction, they will serve you with a Summons and Complaint. If that happens, please call Northwest Justice Project’s Eviction Defense Line at 855-657-8387 immediately to seek legal support. 


To request landlord-tenant mediation, please fill out a request form, email your request to, or call our general line 509-456-0103. 


Legal Referrals:


We strongly urge you to seek the advice of legal counsel, to help you better understand your rights and obligations as this program concludes. If you need help finding an attorney, these organizations may be able to assist you:


Multifamily Housing Association Provider Directory

Rental Housing Association of Washington Vendor Directory

Washington Landlord Association

Landlord Association of the Inland NW



You may be eligible for a court-appointed attorney to represent you in court proceedings at no charge. Please contact the Eviction Defense Screening Line at 855-657-8387 or apply on-line at to determine if you qualify and to seek legal assistance.


Spokane Volunteer Lawyers Program



If you are unable to obtain private counsel or do not qualify for free legal services, the Moderate Means program offered through the Washington State Bar Association may be able to help you access legal advice and/or representation.

bottom of page